Rather than doing a film post this week, I thought I’d share a little something I have been writing:
What I learned from 90s television
Please add to the list, as I’m sure there are fellow 90s babies that found this as fun as I did. (at least I hope I’m not the only one…)
What I learned from Hey Arnold!:
1. If you have a crush on a boy, you should probably create a shrine of him. It’s the best use of your time, for sure.
2. This boy you have a crush on. You should insult him in order to get his attention. Perhaps you can criticize the shaping of his head.
3. If you’re looking to make a world record, the world’s largest pizza is definitely the way to go.
4. Have a bad-ass handshake with your best friend. (Note to self: figure out how to nail ‘beewoo-wooo-oo-wooh’ sound)
5. It’s cool to wear teeny-tiny baseball caps that are actually smaller than your nose.
6. A paper fortune-teller is the most accurate way to discover whom you will eventually marry.
7. As awesome as they look, it’s probably not the best idea to go downtown dressed as a banana/strawberry. You could find yourself mixed up in a case of mistaken identity. Scary stuff, kids.
8. There are in fact ways to get into bars at a young age, and dominate the pool table. You just have to dress real suave, and wear shades. (Funny; last time I tried this, I was denied entry.)
9. The “Tunnel of Love” is a real thing. Magic-dreamboat-ride-of-your-life.
10. Wilikers, this really bites.
HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!
(uh-here we go, here we go…)